When visiting a Buddhist Centre, please be reminded about the following:
- Please stand as a sign of respect when Lama(s) enter and exit the shrine room
- When stretching your legs, please avoid pointing your feet towards the shrine or Teacher
- Buddhists traditionally prostrate three times when the teacher enters the room, or after he/she has been seated
- Please do not put Dharma books, texts or beads (malas) on the floor
- Be on time, dress appropriately, turn off cell phones, do not talk and refrain from eating and drinking in the shrine room
- Please respect Lamas’ and Translators’ need for privacy and rest
- During a seminar, all participants are assigned a small daily yogi job to ensure that the event runs smoothly. Please respect your service commitment and remember the success of the seminar depends on all of us
- Become a program helper and gain merit for your yogi service for a program or retreat sessions
- As a program helper you will get a chance to join at least one daily practice, in addition to assigned work supporting teachers, translators and retreatants
- Become a volunteer and assist our dharma home with much needed technical skills such as construction, carpentry, plumbing, electric service etc.
Thank you very much for your kind consideration!
Please contact email@example.com for more information!