Getting to Gomde Pyrenees
Gomde Pyrenees is located on a country road in the mountains of the Pyrenees, a short walk from the village of La Bastide. Once you arrive to Perpignan, the city closest to La Bastide, you can take a bus to the village, or call us and we can arrange for a taxi. Our friend who lives in the village of La Bastide, can pick you up and bring you to the front door for a fee of 25 Euros. Our address: Domaine des Aspres Mas Can Pere Courreu RD 13 – 66110 La Bastide.
There are more choices for getting to Gomde below. Some of the possibilities you may consider:
Transfer from Barcelona Airport to Perpignan:
There is no direct public transport from the airport in Barcelona to Perpignan. But there are frequent direct busses and trains from Barcelona’s Estacio Sants to Perpignan.
Train: Perpignan from Barcelona Airport:
Take the Barcelona Airport Train – The R2 Nord to Estacio Sants train station and take a train to Perpignan. If you arrive to Terminal 1 (T1), you will take a shuttle bus from Terminal 2 (T2) to Estacio Sants. There are no direct trains from Barcelona Airport to Perpignan. For train schedule, please check the RENFE-SNCF website.
There is no direct bus between Barcelona Airport to Perpignan. You will go to Estacio Sants or Barcelona Nord train stations to find a bus. Eurolines coaches run 4 – 5 times a day from both stations. Barcelona Sants bus station is located just outside the train station.
FLIXBUS, EUROLINE, LINE BUS, ALSA Link to search engine: https://www.busbud.com
The distance from Barcelona Airport to Perpignan is approximately 150 km. It takes about two hours with a taxi, costing 170 Euros. If you call us, we can arrange for someone to pick you up.
Bus From Girona Airport (GRO) to Perpignan:
Frog Bus and PerpiCat from Perpignan to Girona Airport and back. Single ticket is 15 EUR, and 25 EUR for round trip. The ride takes a little over an hour. Bus Frog Phone: +34 972183432 PerpiCat Phone: +33 4 68 80 69 98
Transport to and from Perpignan:
The closest bigger city to Gomde Pyrénées is Perpignan. There is an airport at Perpignan and also at Girona with flights by Ryanair and Air France. There is also a train station with trains from Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Girona and other places.
From Perpignan to Gomde, the most viable option is by car. As mentioned above, Gomde can help organise pick-ups, but our ability to do so is limited, so please do not wait until the last minute to organize your transportation. Pickup in Perpignan costs 25 Euros per car and is often done by a very kind neighbour of Gomde. For transport to an organised seminar or group retreat at Gomde, please understand that we may ask you to wait in Perpignan until a group assembles to avoid multiple trips for our driver. Do send us a message in advance of your trip if you will be needing a pickup.
The drive from Perpignan to Gomde/La Bastide takes 1hr and 15 mins on winding narrow mountain roads. (If you are prone to car sickness its best to prepare yourself adequately). The average speed is 30 to 40 Km/h.
About 1h15, 60 to 70 Kms.
- Recommended road (68 Km, about 1h15): Fourques, Llauro, Calmeilles, then turn left on D618 at col(pass) du Fourtou, after La Bastide go on 2 Km, Gomdé entrance on the left.
- Bouleternère (N116 from Perpignan): after Boule d’Amont, at col du Fourtou turn rights on D618.
- Through Ille-sur-Tet (N116 from Perpignan): Vinça, Valmanya, pass of Palomere (1030m), go down 2 Km towards La Bastide, Gomdé entrance on the right after white building (quick road until Vinça, difficult after).
- Through Amélie-les-Bains: take D618, after Saint-Marsal take road D13 on the left towards La Bastide.
From Spain (Barcelona, Girona):
- Exit highway A9 at Le Boulou, then go to Amélie-les-bains then like above.
- Short cut: Le Boulou, then Saint-Jean-Pla-de-Corts, Vives, Llauro, etc like above.
The most usual routes to get to Perpignan are:
- Fly to Barcelona and take either train or bus to Perpignan (about 3-4 hours)
- Fly to Perpignan (this means transferring in Paris with Air France or flying in with Ryanair from Brussels Charleroi)
- Also possible to fly to Girona (quite a big Ryanair destination), Toulouse or Paris and take a train from there.
- If you are coming early or departing late we can sometimes arrange pickup or drop off in Figures/Girona. Generally we are happy to have early arrivals and late departures, you can volunteer to help out with preparations for our group retreats. Please do send us an e-mail to check if this is possible beforehand.
For trains in France and Spain you can use the following site: https://www.trainline.eu/
Flixbus also runs long distance buses into both Girona and Perpignan. You can find more information at their site at https://www.flixbus.com/bus-schedule-bus-stop/perpignan
If you need help with all this, please send a message to: email@example.com
We will do our best to help you!